You all are aware with the VLC Player and Chromecast because both are damn popular worldwide. One allow users to play media files on their PCs and Smartphones and second one is helping users to run TV shows and movies on smart TVs. You guys may know that VLC Media Player didn’t allow users to access chromecast for now but users are searching for the solution to stream VLC to chromecast on PC or smartphone but they never find a complete guide or perfect solution for it.
So now you don’t need to worry about it because we are going to share a complete step by step guide that explains you how to stream VLC to Chromecast easily and without having any technical knowledge.
So let’s begin the guide on stream video to chromecast with the easiest way:
How to Stream from VLC to Chromecast ?
We heard some rumors from hidden sources that VLC developers has been working on Chromecast support with VLC Media Player since very long time and now finally, they had released the latest version of VLC Player that comes with the features which supports the Chromecast.
It will allow you to stream the Video files and Audio files via VLC player on your desktop PC as well as on your smartphones to your Chromecast directly. This chromecast feature comes with only latest version of VLC that is VLC 2.2.6 and it is only compatible with the Windows Operating System as of now.
If you are looking for the solution to connect VLC to Chromecast with Mac, Linux or Ubuntu then you need to wait and stay tuned with us here because once the update released by VLC developers and we will test this update then we will be back with the complete guide on how to use VLC to Chromecast on Mac or Linux.
What you’ll need to Use This Feature of VLC ?
As we already aware you with one thing that, this feature is only available with the latest version VLC 2.2.6 so make sure you are using the latest version of VLC on your PC so you can use this feature without wasting your time to find the solution because all you need is to update your VLC player to latest version.
To use this update, you need to download and install the latest nightly build of VLC for 64-bit Windows or VLC for 32-bit Windows, depends on your PC whether it is running on Windows PS 64-bit or 32-bit. You need to download the .exe file from the pages LINKS provided by us below and then run it to install the latest version of VLC.
How to Stream from VLC Player to Chromecast on Windows PC ?
Now, your wait is over if you are looking for How to Stream from VLC to Chromecast on Windows PC because we are going to explain step by step to stream from VLC Player to Chromecast on Windows PC. To follow our process, first download the latest version of VLC media player. If you are using 64-bit Windows then download VLC Media Player 64-Bit and if you are using 32-bit Windows then download VLC Media Player 32-Bit and if you don’t know which bit windows you are using then follow below quick process.
- Go to Windows icon in the task bar and click on it now you see Computer text, Simply Right Click on it.
- Now you’ll see properties below, tap on it and now new windows open where you can check System Information.
- Now check your System Type: whether it is 32-bit or 64-bit Operating System.
Now you check you’re OS Bit and we assume that based on your PC configuration you have downloaded the latest version of VLC media player if not then download the latest version of VLC by this LINK.
Let’s begin the process to stream from VLC to Chromecast on Windows PC:
- First, Open the VLC Player and tap on the Video tab and then go to Render option.
- Now you will see second option called Scan simply click on it.
- Now it will start scanning the nearby devices that are supported by VLC and once you see Chromecast simply click on it.
- Now open any media file and click on it to Play and you can also drag the file to open the file via VLC player.
- Now you will be prompted with the Insecure Site popup.
- Tap on View Certificate to view certificate to check your chromecast’s security certificate.
- Click on accept permanently to accept the chromecast certificate.
- Once you accept it, the media file will start playing on your chromecast.
- Now you can enjoy the chromecast videos via VLC Player easily.
How to Stream from VLC Media Player to Chromecast on Android Phone ?
Now you will learn how you can stream from VLC to Chromecast on your Android devices such as Android smartphone or Tablet. In order to stream the files from VLC to Chromecast on Android, you need to download the chromecast app first.
You need to have the latest version of Chromecast that supports the streaming on VLC. Once you are ready with above things, follow below process to have VLC to Chromecast on Android:
- First, download the Chromecast app and install it on your android device.
- Now after it, pair your Chromecast with your device.
- Now open the VLC media player and start the file you want to stream on chromecast.
- Next, open the chromecast app.
- Navigate to the Menu and select Cast Screen.
- Now you need to follow onscreen instructions to cast your android device screen with your chromecast.
- Now get back to VLC Player and full screen the video that you are playing.
- That’s it, now you can stream from VLC to Chromecast.
Now finally, you have complete step by step process to Stream VLC to Your Chromecast for Windows and Android phone. If you like this post, then do share it with your friends and family. Still having any queries in the mind then drop your questions in the comment section below and we will get back to you as soon as possible with the complete solution.