Apple is a very famous and one of the top electronics and software manufacturers of the past decade. It also develops few of the most used products around the world, for instance, Apple iPhone 7 & also iPhone 7 plus are its recent launches in the industry of mobile phones. Regardless of the cost of the mobile, this phone is a worth purchasing one.
As the models got updated, Apple launched new products, and they used new mechanics. With the introduction of every product, there will be a particular issue, As most of its software is server based and require frequent updates. With the launch of every product they developers try to patch and solve the backlogs or issues which were causing some minor problems on the previous versions.
There are errors such as iPhone error 1671 or iTunes error 39.
All of such problems and popular ones occur due to “iTunes is currently downloading software” which may take place on your iPhone, iPad or even iPod.
Before we discuss on how to solve this problem, let’s discover why and how these problems occur on your devices.
iTunes is Currently Downloading The Software For The iPhone
- Possible reasons cause the ” iTunes is currently downloading software ” issue can be you updating your device’s software. Updating device’s software needs several permissions, and the device automatically grants them or sometimes if you have securities enabled it may ask for your permissions. This may reset your iTunes software to the previous version, or the system is looking for the latest version. Another possible reason can be restoring your device’s data or resetting it. This error can usually occur anytime but mostly while doing these. This error is some major problem because it can cause several issues such as restricting downloads of any other software or third party software which may cause a disturbance on the performance of your device.
Here we’ve a list of best iOS Emulators for Windows.
Several Other Notable Reasons For Its Cause Are
- You intentionally or accidentally could have granted permission to use recovery mode to this software, which might be one of many reasons for this.
- Use of Jailbreak.
- As we all know using jailbreak may cause several issues on your device. Failing to jailbreak your device successfully and the task left incomplete can be another aspect of this error. Therefore, use jailbreak with precautions.
- There is an actual problem in downloading the software; rather it is server down or network issues or any other.
- For the software to download or update it requires a stable network connection. If the network connection is unstable, it may cause regular pause and restarts which may cause this error. It may even occur if your network is too slow. This may cause a downloading timeout which can be another possible reason for the error.
- Trying to update your iOS software also causes this problem.
- The iOS requires an active id to connect to the iOS app store. Without that the software cannot connect to the app store and can cause this error.
Solution 1: Fix Error using Restore and Backup
- Restoring and backing up your old or previous data.
- Connect your iOS device to a PC or a Laptop by holding the ” Home button down,” while the iTunes application is open and running.
- A Tab will pop-up which says, ” iPhone is in recovery mode and needs to be restored.”
- Click on your device on the main toolbar, then go to the Summary tab.
- Once you finished that click on the ” Restore ” option.
- Before you start restoring follow the prompts in the iTunes App so you can backup your settings and data.
- Now you can restore your iPhone to its previous settings and can change or reset it as you like.
Solution 2: Fix Error By Resetting your Network
The most basic and one of the essential aspect required to update or download any software is a working and stable network connection. In case your network is not stable you shouldn’t upgrade the software. If you are downloading software using a very slow or below decent WiFi, your device may prompt and get freeze causing the downloading error. There I strongly suggest usage of proper and stable network connections for downloading.
Restoring your iPhone back to its factory settings with the use of iTunes.
- Following the below steps and you may not have any problem doing it.
- Launch the iTunes Software/Application on your PC or Your Laptop.
- Connect your iPhone device to your PC or Laptop using a USB cable by selecting it from the toolbar or the sidebar (If you have the older versions)
- Click on ” Backup ” and make sure the data is saved once the restoring is done.
- You can use any firmware software or download any from the web and hold the ” Shift” key while clicking the option of ” Restore iPhone “
- Open your files and select the firmware ” ISPW ” file from your device’s hard drive and open it.
- Click on ” Restore ” once the file opens.
- Now select and click ” Next ” to continue and click on ” Agree ” so that you accept ” Apple’s Software License Agreement .”
- Once its installed, Your device will start to reboot.
- Click on ” OK ” to approve that installation.
- After the installation completes, you can either select and choose to ” Setup as new iPhone” if you want or you can select and choose ” Restore from the backup” option and proceed. You can choose either one of them.
- Once you’re done, your iPhone will successfully recover and start working again.
Note: After you have done that, the firmware will start extracting and begin to install.